My column

Monday, February 23, 2015

Photography and how it changed my life

A friend of mine formed this photography group. The condition of the group is that we post a picture every day. In the group, we have the opportunity to ask for feedback on our photos, offer our insights, and share any tips we have found on photography. I'm not a professional photographer. I mainly joined this group to improve my skills enough that I can take pictures of my students playing tennis. After having been a member of this group for almost 2 months, I've learned a lot of lessons. First, taking a photo every day forces me to take time out of my jam packed schedule and savor the beauty of my natural surroundings. I know that sounds corny but its true. In winter, I often battle seasonal depression and feel overwhelmed. Forcing myself to take a picture each day, even if its ten degrees and we are buried in ten feet of snow, makes me see the positives around me. From photography, I'm able to see the quirky expressions on people's faces, the glorious landscapes in our community, and the color combinations that shine. In addition, I've learned how to use instagram to correct poor lighting. I use instagram as a metaphor for life. I believe that you always need light to see a situation clearly and that a situation is can be brighter than it seems. Thanks ladies of 365 Moments Captured !

No comments:

Post a Comment