My column

Friday, August 24, 2012

Dear Elyse, I'm living in NYC and my girlfriend lives in Texas. I go out a lot because of my job at the W Hotel and because I'm an actor and looking to network. My girlfriend is getting on to me about this and wants me to stop. She's the opposite of me a real homebody- who owns her own business. I'm also her first real relationship and she's 38. What should I do? I want to keep her but I also want to continue with my active social life? She's threatening to move up here and I"m dreading the day. Scared Boyfriend Dear Scared Boyfriend, It sounds like you really value your time to yourself and being your own person apart from your girlfriend. Congratulations! Bravo! You need to address your need to have a balance of time with your girlfriend and time yourself with you girlfriend. You need to frame it in such a way that your girlfriend sees how it will benefit her and the relationship. Good luck! Elyse Bradshaw Seinfeld

No comments:

Post a Comment