My column

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

In need of a real date!

Dear Elyse,
I'm 24 years old and looking to date. The dating world these days seems so casual. Instead of inviting me on a proper date, guys just tell me that they are hanging out with a bunch of friends and I might want to stop by their crib. When I do stop by their crib, I might make it to a make out, and after a few hangouts we might go all the way. Call me old fashioned but I really would like a traditional date once in a while.
Yours, In need of a real date

Dear In need of a real date,
It sounds like you feel slighted that you aren't invited on a proper date by suitors. Well- get over it. In today's times, casual dating seems to be all the rage. And believe it or not there are some positives of casual dating. Casual dating allows you to get to know your crush in different contexts before deciding whether you want to pursue the relationshis. Witnessing how your guy interacts and treats his friends will shed light on his values, morals, and sense of humor. AFter you get to know your guy in casual encounters, then push for a date. But honey, you might need to step up to the plate. Instead of waiting for your potential mate to ask you on a date, think of something the two of you can do together and take the initiative. Get tickets to a basketball game or the newest movie. Then ask your friend if he would like to attend with you. If he says no - at least you know where you stand. And who is to say- from going on all those group encounters you may find some of his buds attractive. Remember don't do anything you'll regret later. Need I say more. Step it up, girl!
Yours, Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment