My column

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Conned by internet date

Dear Elyse,
I started dating a guy I met over the internet. I found out that he lied about his name, his age, and his job. I feel like a fool! He apologized and gave me his true statistics and bought me a scrumptious dinner. Should I give him a second chance?
Yours,
Conned by e-dating

Dear Conned by e-dating,
This is one instance where I feel very strongly about the issue. You should not give him a second chance. Why do people feel the need to lie? Because they are playing games with you. They are testing how much they can get away with. Why not let him lie about where is taking you for dessert and perhaps you'll find yourself in a ditch or being sold into slavery? Game gets game and real gets real. If you continue to see him , you'll show him that you aren't ready to receive the real him and are satisfied with games. Then, the best your relationship will be is a series of head games. Trust me. Find yourself a real guy.
Yours,
Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment