My column

Monday, February 18, 2013

Older women, younger men

Dear Elyse,
I am 45 years old and single. I have a penchant for dating much younger men.[The last two long term relationships I had were with men nearly 20 years younger than me and the relationship before that was with a man 9 years younger than me. All of my girlfriends are urging me to try dating men closer to my age or older than me. Who should I date?
Yours,
Craddle Robber



Dear Craddle Robber,
First of all, I would like to commend you for being a pioneer and not being afraid of how others may judge you for your partners. Kudos! Ultimately, it is all about you satisfying your needs. There is no point in having a relationship if you don't gain anything from it. I can see why one might prefer younger men. Younger men are less set in their ways and aren't bogged down with baggage. They still operate in the "I'm up for anything mode." However, younger men are less likely to be financially stable and more likely to ultimately want kids say that its up to yo Instead of considering age consider finding someone who uplifts you, motivates you, and would take a bullet for you.If your friends pester you about your choice of a mate tell them gee would you rather me be with someone who just frustrated me and then have to serve as my therapist day in and day out?
Yours,
Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment