My column

Monday, April 29, 2013

Dear Elyse,
Like OMG, I don't know what I'm going to do. My friend and I have a habit of text gossiping about this one friend or maybe acquaintance that we poke fun at! I left my phone laying around and now she is pissed about some things we said about her. What should I do?
Yours,
Caught Text Gossiping

Dear Caught Text Gossiping,
First of all, shame on your friend. Uh-hum- she went through your private property! All she really had to do was hand over the phone to you! You know the saying that curiosity killed the cat. Well this applies here. That said, she now knows that you gossip about her! If she does ask you if all the nasty ( I'm assuming) things you said about her are true, simply tell her yes, you bet. If you are willing to say it to her face, that doesn't make you a gossip. of course, she might not want to be your friend anymore but who cares? Clearly, she didn't mean that much to you if all you did was gossip about her, right?

Yours,
Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment