My column

Monday, April 1, 2013

Engaged and enraged

Dear Elyse,
I just got engaged and am fully immersed in wedding planning. I just found out that my fiancé hired a stripper for the bachelor party! I am livid and appalled by this. What should I do?
Yours,
Engaged and Enraged

Dear Engaged and Enraged,
Congratulations on your engagement! Let's get the facts straight- your fiancé committed to you for a lifetime and the stripper for one night. So it's obvious where his loyalties lie. In addition the fact that your husband wants to hire a stripper shows that he still has a sexual appetite which is more than you can say about some men. Use the stripper/jealousy angle to spice up your relationship and act out fantasies. And trust me-the night with the stripper means nothing to him or the stripper. Allowing him to have a stripper at the bachelor party demonstrates your resolve, strength, and self esteem.
Yours,
Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment